No products in the cart.
Avocados are big news. Smashed on toast, stuck in smoothies and the go to ingredient for entrees and desserts, this incredible fruit is also highly beneficial for ageing skin.
Here’s some facts on its magic powers, thanks to the skincare bods at ForeverHealthy:
- Avocado oil is very useful when treating sun or climate damaged skin that is dehydrated and undernourished as it is said to help with regenerating the skin and softening the tissue.
- Avocado oil also has natural sunscreen properties, and can enhance the ability of products to protect the skin and hair from UVA and UVB rays. In tests, avocado oil proved to be a more effective sunscreen than jojoba, coconut, olive, sesame, and almond oils.
- It is high in sterolins, which help to reduce age spots and help heal sun damage and scars. It is the sterolins (also called plant steroids) in the oil that help to soften the skin and which impart a superior moisturising effect. For this reason it is an ideal ingredient to include when formulating a product for people with dehydrated, sun or climate damaged skin, as it is an extremely good moisturising and nourishing compound, assisting in the regeneration and rejuvenation of the skin.
- In a study done at the Department of Food Engineering and Biotechnology, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology in 1991, it was found that avocado oil significantly increases the amount of collagen in the skin – which normally is under attack as we grow older.
- Avocado oil penetrates deeply into the skin, moreso than almond, soy, and olive oil. It has a rare ability to transport active substances rapidly into the skin. It is highly nourishing and moisturizes very well. It is packed in many nutrients essential to skin health.
- Cold pressed, unrefined Avocado oil is edible therefore completely safe to put on your skin. For everything put on the skin, some of it will find it’s way directly into your bloodstream.
- Fatty Acid content in avocado oil helps protect the skin; it prevents the evaporation of water from the skin surface. By blocking the evaporative loss of water, fatty acids increase the water content of skin, keeping skin moisturized and supple, improving elasticity and long term water-retention capability.
- Avocado oil is high in antioxidants which benefit your skin by destroying the free radicals that prematurely age it. These free radicals are generated by pollutants such as traffic fumes and pesticides, and also by sunlight UV, cigarette smoke and as a result of your body’s normal metabolism. They can be destroyed by rubbing avocado oil into your skin.
- Lastly, avocado oil is a wonderfully beneficial oil for the skin, and faced with a choice between products containing synthetic petroleum derived oils (in other words most over-the-counter products out there) or natural products containing organic super foods like this, it’s really no contest.
Carita Progressif Lift Fermete Biological Mask is an anti-time cream mask with a cashmere texture, divinely caressing and relaxing that comforts all mature skin. The skin is “bouncy”, soft, radiant and revitalised.
This is a special anti-ageing complex, which acts in the core of the cell to help restore the skin’s vitality. A combination of avocado oil, vitamins and pure azulene nourish, smooth and soothe the skin, leaving it looking spectacularly radiant. The skin looks supple, soft and luminous.
Apply on a cleansed skin, including the eye contour, leave on for 10 minutes, massage, then remove with moist cotton pads. Preferably in the evening once or twice a week.