No products in the cart.
What exactly happens to our faces as we get older? We know our skin droops, our eyes and cheeks can hollow and wrinkle can appear but what are the changes that take place.
According to Havard, age affects every nook and cranny of the body. Along with the wisdom, experience, and accomplishments that come with getting older, there are changes that occur in our outward appearance. Changes in our faces are most at the forefront. Dozens of changes take place as the years add up, some of them obvious and familiar:
- Foreheads expand as hairlines retreat
- Ears often get a bit longer because the cartilage in them grows
- Tips of noses may droop because connective tissue supporting nasal cartilage weakens.
There are also structural rearrangements going on behind the scenes. When we’re young, fat in the face is evenly distributed, with some pockets here and there that plump up the forehead, temples, cheeks, and areas around the eyes and mouth. With age, that fat loses volume, clumps up, and shifts downward, so features that were formerly round may sink, and skin that was smooth and tight gets loose and sags. Meanwhile other parts of the face gain fat, particularly the lower half, so we tend to get baggy around the chin and jowly in the neck.
And, of course, there are the wrinkles. Those deep ones in the forehead and between the eyebrows are called expression, or animation, lines. They’re the result of facial muscles continually tugging on, and eventually creasing, the skin. Other folds may get deeper because of the way fat decreases and moves around. Finer wrinkles are due to sun damage, smoking, and natural degeneration of elements of the skin that keep it thick and supple.
Using something like Matis Reponse Intensive – Intensive Remodelling Care helps cocoon and comfort the skin against free radical damage. This exclusive treatment contains the Densiderm complex of dill and soy extract to boost elastin functionality, fibroblast activity and collagen production for firmer, more toned skin. Used daily, Matis Densifiance Intensive Remodeling Care will reshape the facial contours and improve skin tone, density and texture.
- Reshapes facial contours.
- Boosts skin tone, density and texture.
- Protects and comforts against free radicals.
- Unique lifting effect.
Apply in the morning to cleansed face and neck.
- Densiderm – Supports the production of collagen and elastin.
- Vitamins C & E – Powerful antioxidants with brightening properties.
- Lipopeptide – Boosts skin resilience and reduces sensitivity.
- Oat Sugars – For a sublime lifting and smoothing effect.