No products in the cart.
Angry, hot itchy skin can be difficult to live with. What do you do with skin that seems to have a mind of its own? One of our favourite experts, Mind Body and Green, shows us some really easy tips to avoid the usual problems.
1. Skip foaming cleansers with detergents and disruptive preservatives.
Typically, redness is an indicator that the skin’s natural barrier has been compromised. You need to support a healthy and strong barrier as much as possible, but preservatives like parabens sometimes act like an antibiotic killing the skin’s natural flora. Detergents like sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate can strip especially sensitive skin of its barrier, so avoid these if you’re experiencing redness. Creamy cleansers or cleansing oils are better.
2. Forgo spicy foods.
Spicy foods can contribute redness to skin, so try and steer clear of the spice!
3. Try a DIY face mask with organic yogurt.
Try a DIY mask using organic yogurt. If you’ve ever experienced an intensely spicy dish, you know that drinking water only makes it worse. Dairy is what cuts the flavor of spice, thanks to the molecular structure of casein. The enzymes in yogurt can help renew the skin while the natural fats nourish it.
4. Experiment with removing caffeine from your diet.
Watch your caffeine intake and experiment with removing it altogether, because it can be inflammatory for some people when ingested.
5. Add skin-nourishing supplements to your routine.
So often people with skin redness will have some digestive problems and a probiotic will help with this. Omegas help to soothe the system from the inside out, calming inflammation, which can sometimes result in less red skin. Of course, always ask your doctor and derm before changing up your routine.
One of our most celebrated creams, Babor Neuro Sensitive Cellular Intensive Calming Cream, helps to end the cycle of dryness and sensitivity, replenishing skin’s protective lipid barrier to strengthen skin against irritation. Instantly comforts and nourishes skin, and is gentle enough to be used around eyes. Brings dry, sensitive skin back into balance. This is for sensitive, very dry skin and hyper sensitive skin.
- Relieves irritation and dryness.
- Richly moisturises.
- Restores skin’s lipid barrier to inhibit sensitivity.
- Reduces redness and inflammation.
- Suitable for the care of neurodermatitis and psoriasis during symptom-free periods.
Apply mornings and evenings, after cleansing, to the face, neck and décolleté and massage gently. Ideal as a day cream in combination with Intensive Calming Cream Rich as a night cream. Use as a massage cream, a finishing cream or an eye cream.
- Neuroxyl – Neutralizes sensitivity and irritation, and reduces redness.
- Microsilver – Antibacterial; Prevents breakouts and irritation.
- Gamma-Linolenic Acid – An essential fatty acid; Soothes inflammation.
- Lactate – Moisturizes.