No products in the cart.
Jasmine has been at the centre of fragrance for millennia – and most famous in recent years for being the base of the perfume classic Chanel No.5. But it has other beneficial uses than just an incredible scent.
Thanks to Mercola for letting us in on a few facts about this incredible plant and its oil:
Jasmine absolute oil is known to be an effective aphrodisiac with seductive qualities. It may help address sexual problems like premature ejaculation and impotence. When used by lovers, it’s believed to help release strong sexual energies and stimulate sexual chakra. It also works great when used during yoga.
The essential oil contains carminative, emmenagogue, expectorant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and tonic agents. Other benefits of jasmine absolute oil include:
- Rejuvenates skin. It can help in treating dry or dehydrated skin, eczema and dermatitis. However, it should not be applied to open wounds as it can cause skin irritation or allergic reaction.
- Relieves menstrual problems and labor pains. Jasmine absolute oil may help relieve pain during menstruation, and may assist in regulating a woman’s menstrual cycle. It may also be beneficial during childbirth because it is reported to strengthen contractions and promote breast milk flow.
- Works as an antiseptic. The benzaldehyde, benzoic acid and benzyl benzoate in this essential oil have antiviral and germicidal properties. It may prevent infections when applied to wounds.
- Treats spasms. It aids in alleviating spasmodic cough, stomach cramps and spasms in other body parts.
- Mind relaxation. The oil can improve your state of mind by inducing confidence, optimism and euphoria. It helps banish fear, guilt and stress.6 The aroma of the oil may help relax and uplift the spirit.
The inclusion of jasmine absolute is one of the reasons that we adore Decleor Aromessence Iris – Rejuvenating Oil Serum which was voted Best Anti-Ageing product at the QVC Beauty Awards 2014. This rejuvenating serum works in perfect harmony with the skin to reduce lines and wrinkles, redefine facial contours and boost cell renewal. With a restful floral aroma and a delicate silky texture, it is rapidly absorbed leaving skin ready for intense moisturising. Active ingredients include Geranium to help soften the signs of ageing, Lemongrass to promote collagen production and boost firmness, Manuka to relax the skin, toning and stimulating Iris, protecting Rose, comforting Jasmine, plus Plum Kernels, Hazelnut and Borage to reduce dehydration.
How to use:
- Warm a small amount of oil in the palms of your hands.
- Inhale the aroma of your deliciously-scented serum.
- Apply the oil to face and neck in ‘3’ movements.
- Follow with your targeted moisturiser.
For the most effective results, use with Prolagène Lift – Lift & Firm Day Cream for Dry Skin as part of an Aroma Duo* to reveal firmer skin in just 28 days. Suitable for mature skin types and free from preservatives, mineral oils and colorants.
- Jasmin Absolute – Jasmine Absolute is renowned for its perfectly positioned to target weary and sluggish skin.
- Iris – Helps boosts toning activity.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil – Draining.
- Geranium Essential Oil – Tones and protects.