No products in the cart.
Sensitive skin needs the utmost care. Finding the list of allergens or irritants can be an ongoing work in progress, and diets and lifestyles may need to be altered.
Which is why we love rose. Rose is fantastic for sensitive skin, it’s widely available, affordable and one of the main ingredients in the wonderful Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream Light.
Thanks to OrganicAuthority who provided us with the science bit on the properties of rose for sensitive skin…
- Antibacterial: Naturally antibacterial rose essential oil makes can help treat acne and acne-prone skin. Combined with its cleansing properties, rose makes an ideal ingredient in face washes and cleansers.
- Anti-inflammatory: While we may think of roses for their iconic deep red colour, rose oils can actually help reduce swollen spots or redness on your skin. Its calming properties can also help sooth rosecea and eczema.
- You can even create a calming face mask from rose petals. Simply soak 8 petals in 3-4 tablespoons of water for 2-3 hours. Then mash the petals into the water and add 3 tablespoons of honey. Mix well, and apply to entire face. Leave on for 15-30 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
- Antioxidants: Rose contains high amounts of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant. This important vitamin can help protect skin cells from damage, such as from staying out in the sun too long. Some evidence even suggests that rose water can help prevent sunburn.
- Moisturising: The natural oils found in roses help lock moisture into the skin, keeping skin feeling smooth. Rose is especially beneficial for those with sensitive skin because the sugars in its petals create a soothing feeling.
- Naturally fragrant: Many organic beauty products choose to include rose for its delicate aroma in lieu of artificial fragrances.
- Relaxing: When used aromatically, rose calms and soothes the mind. In fact, rose petals are a staple in Ayurvedic medicine to detoxify and calm. While this characteristic doesn’t directly add beauty benefits, it sure makes that rose-scented lotion or cream an extra pleasant experience.
- Toning: As a natural astringent, rose helps tighten pores and restore suppleness for a glowy complexion. Unlike conventional alcohol-based toners, rose leaves skin feeling smooth, not dried out.
Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream Light protects against dryness to support an even, balanced complexion. An ideal daily moisturiser for sensitive, normal, dry and irritated skin.
Its extracts of rose, marsh mallow and anthyllis tone and fortify skin. Precious rose water, rose wax and rose extract balance and revitalise. Avocado, marsh mallow root, sesame oil and almond oil help the skin remain properly hydrated. The rose’s invigorating effects on the skin are wonderful to behold.
Each morning after cleansing and toning, apply evenly to face and neck. Include the décolleté if desired. Rose Day Cream Light makes an ideal base for make-up. In the evening after cleansing and toning, we recommend applying a Dr. Hauschka Serum for daily, oil-free night care. For advanced care, Renewing Night Conditioner or Sensitive Care Conditioner may be used for a 28-day period several times a year.