No products in the cart.
If you suspect that you suffer from sensitive skin, it’s important to determine as soon as you start seeing the signs. Many people say they have sensitive skin because skin care products, or household products that contact their skin, cause stinging, burning, redness, or tightness. Or they say they have it because even though they have no visible effects after contact with a product, it always makes their skin feel uncomfortable.
- Skin reactions such as pustules, skin bumps, or skin erosion
- Very dry skin which doesn’t properly protect nerve endings in the skin
- A tendency toward blushing and skin flushing
How do I know if I have sensitive skin?
Have a dermatologist check your skin. That’s the best way to find out if you have sensitive skin or whether something else is causing your skin condition.
What causes sensitive skin reactions?
Causes of sensitive skin reactions include:
- Skin disorders or allergic skin reactions such as eczema, rosacea, or allergic contact dermatitis
- Overly dry or injured skin that can no longer protect nerve endings, leading to skin reactions
- Excessive exposure to skin-damaging environmental factors such as sun and wind or excessive heat or cold
Genetic factors, age, gender, and race differences in skin sensitivity are less well-defined but still may play a role in causing skin reactions.
If you want your sensitive skin to feel soothed, refreshed and hydrated, we recommend a product from Dr. Spiller.
Dr. Spiller Biomimetic Skin Care Sensitive Toner with Aloe is a particularly mild toner formulated with Aloe Vera, an excellent moisturizer that protects against UV radiation.
With its water base, this product is perfect for dry, sensitive, combination skin prone to allergies. This is a refreshing and gentle facial toner to stabilize the skin’s pH level, calm, hydrate and provide a protective barrier from environmental influences. After cleansing, saturate a cotton pad with Sensitive Toner with Aloe and apply to face, neck and décolleté. Let dry for few minutes then follow with appropriate moisturizer or serum.
- Aloe Vera
- Citric Acid