No products in the cart.
Back in January, London’s air-pollution levels surpassed those recorded in Beijing, resulting in the Mayor Sadiq Khan issuing the capital’s highest-ever air pollution alert. Since then, sales of anti-pollution prestige skincare in the UK reported an increase of 30% in six-months, according to global information company The NPD Group.
Why? A study carried out recently has found that living in a polluted area ages your skin by over a year once you reach the age of 40. Afterwards, the effects of pollution will age the skin by an additional six months for every decade that passes. By the time a person reaches 60, they will have a skin age of 62.5 purely down to pollution (not taking into account any other lifestyle or environmental factors).
Experts have determined that pollution contributes to increased skin pigmentation, premature ageing through decreased collagen production as well as general dryness and redness.
So how can you protect you and your skin from the onslaught of pollution, car fumes and smog? There are plenty of anti-pollution skin products on the market, not least one of our best selling skin care products, Guinot Creme Bioxygene – Face Cream which is an “Oxygenating” Radiance Cream.
- Restores a healthy radiance by stimulating cellular oxygenation.
- Protects the skin from pollution and the harmful effects of the environment.
- Provides the skin with long-lasting moisture.
- Pro-Oxygène®: Boosts the oxygenation of skin cells.
- Hydrocyte Complex: Intensely moisturizes the skin.
- Vitamin E: Anti-free radical properties.