Es befinden sich keine Produkte im Warenkorb.
Own up – you’ve looked in the mirror recently and noticed the slow but inevitable effect of the pull of gravity. How can you make your skin look firm? Here’s a few ways, thanks to Allure.
- Make collagen. Without collagen, skin is destined to have the same texture as an old leather bag. Fortunately, there’s a way to make more: retinoids . They are the rare family of ingredients that dermatologists agree actually work. We know that they stimulate collagen production and cellular regeneration. The nonprescription form, called retinol, can start working in six months. Prescription retinoids are more powerful but also more irritating.
- Look out for your eyes. They should be the windows to your soul—not to your birth certificate. Big sunglasses help. Apply a retinoid at night.
- Take cover. Simply apply sunscreen every morning, just as you know you should. The sun really is skin’s worst enemy. Long-term exposure causes collagen to break down and elastin to degrade. Choose broad-spectrum formulations with Helioplex or Mexoryl, which offer the longest-lasting protection, and be sure the SPF is at least 30.
- Fight free radicals. Antioxidants are the superheroes of skin care. They protect skin from all the evil forces in the environment—also known as free radicals—plus block an enzyme called elastase that breaks down elastin.
- Make the most of moisturiser. They protect skin against free-radical damage. Dehydration leads to oxidative stress, which generates free radicals. Without moisture, your skin isn’t able to repair itself and suffers even more damage. Cholesterol, ceramides, essential fatty acids, and niacinamide are among the best ingredients—they improve skin’s protective moisture barrier.
- Relax your neck. During a workout, it’s perfectly acceptable to sweat, pant, and even grunt—just don’t strain your neck.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking destroys collagen and elastin, and it decreases levels of estrogen, which is necessary to keep skin firm.
- Eat skinny foods. It’s well known that food can make you thin or fat, alert or tired, happy or sad. Now add younger or older to that list. New research tells us that low levels of vitamin C and zinc, among other skin-essential nutrients, may inhibit the skin’s ability to repair itself. To keep skin happy, eat more fatty fish (such as salmon), dark green vegetables (broccoli), almonds, and walnuts. And drink lots of green tea.
- Ignore your cravings. It’s not much fun to hear, but some experts believe that overindulging in sugar (and corn syrup, dextrose, and fruit-juice concentrate) can prematurely age skin—as early as our mid-30s. Sugar in the bloodstream forms harmful molecules called advanced glycation end products (or, appropriately enough, AGEs). And AGEs weaken collagen and elastin.
- Biodroga MD Skin Booster Firming Mask with Instant Effect makes the skin appear firm and plump in just ten minutes. Moisture levels are balanced which cause wrinkles from dryness to disappear quickly. Fruit extracts fight free radicals, sunflower seed oil, which is especially rich in oleic acid (approx 78%) provides a wonderful, supple skin sensation. The Derma Membrane Complex ensures extremely good skin tolerate and supports optimal absorption of the ingredients for quick, long-lasting results.
Apply in a thickness of one millimeter to face and throat, two to three times per week. Leave on for ten minutes. Rinse off surplus mask.
Contains: Microalgae extract, Hybrid sunflower seed oil, Hyaluronic acid, Pomegranate extract, Vitamin E acetate, Yam root extract, Derma Membrane Complex.