Es befinden sich keine Produkte im Warenkorb.
How do you look after coloured hair? Here’s some mega tips from the hair bods at Matrix.
1. Have Your Stylist Use Only Quality, Conditioning Hair Colors
Begin by asking your hair colorist to use a professional hair color with conditioning properties that will continue to condition the hair as the weeks go by. Hair color with natural oils will help retain moisture in your color-treated hair and leave it looking shiny and healthy. Ammonia-free hair colour is another great professional option that treats hair with TLC?
2. Remember: Red Dye is Most Susceptible to Colour Loss
– Red hair colours tend to fade faster because they have the largest molecules. The molecule size makes it more difficult for red dyes to penetrate deeply into the hair, thus they dissipate more rapidly. So when going for a red hue, be sure to have your stylist use hair colour that maximizes high-definition colour results with minimum stress to the hair’s cuticle.
3. Shampoo Your Colour-Treated Hair Less Frequently
– To prevent water from washing away your vibrant color, the answer is simple: Wash your hair less often. To retain those natural oils that help condition your colour-treated hair, shampoo just two or three times per week, and never more than every other day. This will help your colour last longer and help maintain health in your coloured hair.
4. On the In-Between Days, Use a Colour-Safe Dry Shampoo on Colour-Treated Hair
— To help keep colour-treated hair looking fresh, flip your hair over and spray dry shampoo at the roots to soak up oil.
5. After Colouring, Wait 2 Days Before You Shampoo
– When you colour your hair, wait at least 48 hours to shampoo, preferably longer. If you can go three or four days before shampooing, even better. This will give the color plenty of time to set.
6. When You Don’t Shampoo, Keep Your Hair Dry in the Shower
— During those off days, wear a shower cap to keep your colour-treated hair from getting wet while showering as this can cause some colour to fade. Or, pull your hair up into a loose bun or a ponytail to protect it from getting wet.
7. Turn Down the Water Temperature When Shampooing Colour-Treated Hair
– When you shampoo, stick to lukewarm or cooler water temperatures. Super-hot water leeches dye out of hair faster and strips the colour because it opens the surface of the hair strand, which causes the dye molecules to escape.
8. Skip Shampoo and Go Straight to Conditioner From Time to Time Try Using Conditioner Only on Colour-Treated Hair Sometimes
– If you can, consider using moisturizing conditioner only on your colour-treated hair. Shampoo can take more colour from your hair more than conditioner.
9. Condition Every Time You Shampoo Colour-Treated Hair
– When you do shampoo, be sure to condition your color-treated hair every time with a color-protecting conditioner. Conditioned hair will help your colour look shinier and more even. Even if you have fine hair, condition the tips, which are the oldest hairs on your head and have the most damage. Start at your ears and work your way down to the ends.
Product Usage Matters on Colour-Treated Hair
What you put on your hair will make a difference in the longevity of the colour and the long-term health of your hair. Dyed hair requires special attention, so invest in salon-grade products formulated for coloured hair. Using colour-protecting shampoos and conditioners on colour-treated hair can help protect the colour and add shine, volume and lustre. Here are suggestions:
10. Use the Best Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair
– When you wash colour-treated hair, be sure to use a colour-protecting shampoo. Using a good shampoo will help your colour last longer and help maintain the health of your processed hair.
Davines Essential Haircare MINU / Conditioner is designed for coloured hair. MINU conditioner does not weight down the hair, protects cosmetic colour and untangles coloured hair. Leaves hair soft and silky.
The scent that characterises the MINU family has a citrus (orange blossom) and fresh note.
Apply to towel-dried hair, after using MINU shampoo. Leave on for 5-10 minutes depending on the hair, comb through then rinse. Dry the hair and style as usual.