Es befinden sich keine Produkte im Warenkorb.
Papayas are an incredible fruit, not only incredibly nourishing for the body, but beneficial for the skin too. Thanks to Top10HomeRemedies give us the lowdown on some of the many advantages of the fruit.
1. Hydrates Skin
Papaya is rich in water content that helps keep the skin soft, smooth and moisturized.
When blended properly, it can be used as an excellent face mask to hydrate your skin.
- Blend ½ cup of ripe papaya into a fine paste. You can also add a little raw honey. Apply the paste all over your face and neck. Leave it on for 15 minutes, then rinse it off carefully with cool water and pat dry your skin.
- Include ripe papaya in your diet. You can enjoy this fruit as it is or blend it with other hydrating ingredients such as watermelon and cucumber to make smoothies.
2. Keeps Aging Signs at Bay
The vitamin A in papaya helps remove dead skin cells and keeps the skin soft and supple. The alpha hydroxyl acids in it help dissolve dead skin cells to prevent signs of aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines. The vitamins C and E in papaya rejuvenate your skin to help you enjoy younger-looking skin.
- Thoroughly mash ½ cup of overripe papaya.
- Mix in a few drops of raw honey and 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Apply it on your face and neck.
- Allow it to sit for 15 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water.
- Use this face mask once or twice a week.
Also, eat papaya daily to delay the signs of aging.
3. Reduces Acne and Pimples
The papain enzyme in papaya has skin-cleansing properties that help get rid of clogged pores. This helps prevent acne and pimples. In addition, the exfoliating effect of papaya removes dead skin cells to help unclog pores.
- Extract the juice of a few raw papaya pieces. Apply the juice on the affected skin using a cotton ball. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Use this remedy once daily to get rid of acne and pimples.
- You can also simply rub a piece of raw papaya gently on the affected skin for 10 minutes. Then, wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily.
To prevent acne, pimples and blemishes, include raw and ripe papaya in your diet.
4. Fades Skin Spots
Papaya is also beneficial for lightening skin spots and removing tan from your skin due to the several enzymes it contains.
It can help treat black spots, acne spots, brown spots as well as dark elbows and knees. In addition, papaya will tone your skin and improve your complexion.
- Mix ¼ cup of raw papaya paste, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and ½ tablespoon of raw honey.
- Apply it on the affected skin.
- Allow it to dry, then wash it off with cool water.
- Use this face mask 3 or 4 times a week to reduce spots of any kind.
5. Treats Wrinkles and Crow’s Feet
You can also use papaya to diminish the appearance of wrinkles as well as crow’s feet. Papaya has antioxidant properties that help reduce the appearance of crow’s feet around the outer corners of the eyes as well as wrinkles around the mouth or forehead.
In addition, the vitamin C in papaya helps fight off free radicals that damage the skin’s collagen and elastin.
- Rub a small piece of raw papaya gently around the eye area for 5 minutes once daily to get rid of crow’s feet. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water.
- Another option is to mix 1 tablespoon of ripe papaya pulp with a little bit of olive oil. Apply it on the affected area and let it sit for 20 minutes. Wash it off with cool water and apply a moisturizer. Repeat every other day.
This cooling and refreshing gel-like mask to soothe irritations, invigorate and assist to restore moisture and hydration.
How to use:
Use once to twice a week. Apply after cleansing, toning and application of serum or ampoule. Apply evenly onto the face, neck and décolleté. Leave on for 10-15 minutes then remove the excess with a tissue or massage remainder into the skin. Once a week, thin layer of the mask can be applied for an intense overnight treatment.
- Pineapple Extract
- Mango Extract
- Papaya Extract
- Panthenol / Provitamin B5