Es befinden sich keine Produkte im Warenkorb.
How is your skin bearing up? Have you noticed a parched quality to your complexion? Most of the time, your skin can suffer from dryness. In other situations, it can be dehydrated. To work out the reasons and difference between dry and dehydrated skin, we turn to the experts at Beauty and the Boutique.
The reasons behind dry and dehydrated skin are as follows:
Health – excessive sweating, menstrual cycle, medication, pregnancy, naturally ageing;
Diet – not drinking enough water, eating the wrong foods (such as foods with lots of sugar), drinking too much alcohol or caffeine;
Lifestyle – stress, smoking, no skincare routine, not moisturising, using harsh products that upset the skin’s PH balance;
Environment – central heating, air-con, being out in the elements of wind, frost, cold air, sun, heat or dry air.
And how can you tell the difference between dry and dehydrated skin?
- Dry skin doesn’t contain enough oil, so it lacks a sheen and plumpness, pores appear smaller, it can look red, sore and get aggravated easily and be itchy and flaky in places. It could feel tight and possibly be difficult to rub moisture products into the skin. A quick way of knowing: if you have small facial pores and immediately after a shower or bath your skin feels tight and itchy – then your skin is Dry.
- Dehydrated skin doesn’t contain enough water, looks grey and washed out, has a feeling of tightness and dryness – although it can still appear oily and spotty and have large or small pores. The skin is thirsty and it quickly absorbs the water in moisturisers and makeup, causing patchiness or shine. A quick way of knowing: if you have medium to large facial pores and immediately after a shower or bath your skin looks and feel better – your skin is Dehydrated.
Darphin Hydraskin Intensive Skin-Hydrating Serum is a potent water-veil and infusing serum instantly delivers relieving, reviving hydration to all thirsty skin. High-efficiency serum concentrate with extreme hydration complex, incorporating powerful Pomegranate penetrates onto the skin to help repair and reinvigorate critical water reserves within the surface skin cells.
- Instantly and intensely hydrated skin.
- Quenched dewy-fresh complexion.
- Healthy-looking glow.
- Renewed comfort feeling and suppleness.