Es befinden sich keine Produkte im Warenkorb.
Suffering from fine hair ourselves, we know how frustrating it is. One thing we have learned, it that there is no point longing for thick voluminous hair that tumbles down your back. What you can do is work with what you’ve got – and what you’ve got is hair which can look fierce, if you know how to handle it.
Here’s some tips (thanks to Byrdie!) for our fine haired ladies out there:
- For fine hair, it’s actually very simple: Less is more. Stick to volumising mists at the roots and a little hair spray for hold. Don’t have the time, patience or know-how to try a salon-style blow-dry at home? Prior to styling, spray in a volumising mist, and using your hands, blow-dry your hair upside down for maximum volume, or use a diffuser to bring out a natural wave pattern.
- Chill with the hairbrush: The thing is too much brushwork can make fine hair limp. Dry your hair at least 90% with your hands before going at it with your round brush if needed. Lift your roots prior to styling with a brush. Using a comb or vent brush, lift the roots of your hair whilst drying to give a good voluminous foundation. Use products just in the root area such so it doesn’t weigh down the rest of the hair.
- Embrace a cold blast: Once you have achieved the volume you want, it’s important to seal it in. Finish every blow-dry with a cold blast of air. Use product to maintain the volume. If you’re tonging the hair, it is essential to let each section cool before running your hands or a brush through it so that the style can set; otherwise you’ll undo all your good work, and your hair will look flat.
- Go silcone-free: Silicones in products tend to weigh the hair down; try a great silicon-free volumising product. It will swell the cuticle and make hair look thicker and voluminous.
- Don’t hairspray direct onto hair: Don’t spray hair spray directly onto hair. Top tip: Spray into a brush or comb, and brush in at the root outwards to give extra lift,“ says Reed.
For some extra help and if you’re looking for a cream for fine hair that gives fine, sensitive hair lift, texture and bounce and a visible volume boost, go directly to a bottle of La Biosthetique Creme Fine Hair – Cream for Fine Hair.
After washing with Shampoo Vital or Shampoo Volume distribute a hazelnut- to walnut-sized amount of cream depending on the hair length strand by strand into the hair and knead in. Ideally, wrap in a towel and leave in for 10 minutes. Then carefully rinse with water.