Votre panier est vide.
We all have periods of stress, pressure, lack of sleep and poor diet. And besides our moods, the first thing to be affected is our skin. Gone are the twinkling eyes, blushing cheeks and glowing skin – a dull, haunted complexion looks back at us in the mirror instead.
So, apart from making a few lifestyle changes, what are the easy ways of getting our zing back? Here’s some glowing skin tips from Parents.com…
- Cleanse: Clean skin is beautiful skin. It’s important to keep your skin cleansed of sweat, dirt, and oil to prevent clogged pores and a dull appearance. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser every morning and night, followed by a quick sweep with toner on a cotton pad. Also, wash your face after activities such as exercising, cleaning the house, gardening, or any other dirty or physically exerting activity, or one that requires the use of sunscreen.
- Exfoliate: Does your skin seem dull? It could be the buildup of dead skin cells, sunscreen, makeup, or oils. Exfoliation, which is done with a mild scrub or by using a cream containing fruit acids, is a good way to get that glow back to the surface by revealing the fresh, new skin underneath. If you choose a scrub, try not to scrub too hard or your skin will look ruddy. Gentle pressure is all you need to help the scrubbing granules in an exfoliant do their work. If you use a fruit-acid cream or gel, don’t overdo it. Follow the product instructions to prevent skin irritation.
- Refresh: If you don’t have time to wash your face, or just want to get rid of that « tired » look, use an astringent to refresh and clean your skin. Try witch hazel on a cotton pad. Or fill a spray bottle with one part alcohol to six parts water, and add a few drops of your favourite essential oil. Close your eyes and lightly spritz your face. You’ll feel invigorated and your face will show it!
- Moisturise: Keeping your skin moisturised is very important. Even if your skin is oilier than usual because of the summer heat and pregnancy hormones, you should use an oil-free moisturiser to replace the moisture that’s stripped when you cleanse your face. Also, you’ll need a moisturiser to even out your skin tone if you have « combination skin » — skin that’s oily in some parts and drier in others. Apply moisturiser to your face after each cleansing. Look for products that are hypoallergenic, because many skin types become very sensitive with the changes of pregnancy.
- Protect: One of the most critical thing you can do to keep your skin healthy, younger looking, and evenly toned is to wear sunscreen every day. This is especially true when you’re pregnant because your skin might be more sensitive and prone to burning. If you tend to have breakouts or skin irritations, look for oil-free or extra-gentle sunscreens especially formulated for facial skin.
For a real quick way of getting your skin back to its luminous self, we use Babor Skinovage PX Intensifier Illuminating Serum, which is formulated with mineral-rich organic silica and powerful peptides to improve skin’s tone and texture. Instantly brightens the complexion with light-reflecting pigments, and continually boosts firmness and radiance.
- Firms and energises skin.
- Boosts radiance for a fresher looking complexion.
- Promotes natural exfoliation of skin’s surface.
- Perfection Peptides P3 – Improve tone and texture.
- Micronaspheres – Reflect light to instantly boost radiance.
- Organic Silica – Rich in precious minerals; Firms and illuminates skin.
- Aloe Vera, Allantoin – Calm and soothe.