Votre panier est vide.
One of the best things about winter is that idea of hygge. The Nordic approach to peace and cosiness is all about candles, soft furnishings and intimacy. Outside, the harshness of winter whirls around, but indoors is all about sanctuary and comfort.
And then there’s the bath, which is one of our favourite things about the cold months. Nothing beats the feeling of sinking into a warm bath after a cold, hard day.
Hot baths have many benefits for the mind, body and soul.
- Being horizontal in water helps your mood – this is scientifically proven, and all to do with combination of bodily comfort, warmth, isolation, and body positioning.
- They can help relieve skin conditions like psoriasis and others like it – by having oiled baths and sloughing off dead skin cells.
- Taking a bath helps with muscle pain, by being surrounded by heat, it provides a great pain relief. Unless you’re an athlete, and it’s straight to the ice bath you go.
- Baths help you sleep better – as our bodies naturally get colder to kickstart melatonin, kick-starting that downward shift by heating yourself up artificially is an old trick to get yourself to feel sleepy. Get out of a bath, cool yourself down for a while, then slip into bed
- Steam helps to reduce cold symptoms, steam therapy and overall body temperature are key and will also aid an easy path to sleep.
When October turns to November we invest in solid, reliable bathing products and the Dr Hauschka range is at the top of the list.
Dr. Hauschka Spruce Warming Bath Essence is the perfect embodiment of hygge. When the days turn cold and wet, Norway spruce essential oil is an invaluable aid. It supports your circulation and, together with the warm bath water, offers intensive, long-lasting warmth for your body – both inside and out.
The resinous Norway spruce fragrance has a calming effect and lets you breathe freely while jojoba oil gently moisturises your skin. A blissful bathing product for cold, windy days.
This is a limited edition product and so won’t be available year-round.