Votre panier est vide.
If you have dry skin, you need to take extra care over your skin. Dullness, lacklustre complexion, dryness, red patches and flakiness are all part and parcel of this skin type. The following, thanks to Health Central, are tips for taking care of dry skin:
- Keep showers and baths warm, not hot. Hot water strips your skin of natural moisturizers and dry it out. While a long, hot shower feels good, for those with dry skin, shorter (5 to 10 minutes) and warm showers will help keep your skin moisturized.
- Stay away from harsh soaps and cleansers. Stick with non-soap, fragrance-free cleansers. Stay away from those with antibacterial and other additives.
- Use a moisturizer after you shower. After your shower, pat your skin dry and apply a moisturizer. This helps lock in moisture. If you apply moisturizer during the day, splash a little water on your skin before applying the moisturizer.
- Try different moisturisers to find the one that is right for your skin. There are hundreds of moisturizers and it is hard to know what is right for your skin. You may need to try a few different ones, but look for those specifically made for dry skin.
- Use a humidifier when you have the heat on. Heating your home also robs it of moisture in the air, which, in turn, can dry out your skin. During the winter months, use a humidifier in your home to add moisture to the air.
- Use a shaving cream or gel. When you shave, you are also taking the skins natural oils away. Shave after your shower, when your hair is wet and softer. Always shave in the direction your hair is growing.
- Stop smoking. Smoking dries out your skin and causes premature aging.
- Drink plenty of water. Our bodies hydrate from the inside out. If you aren’t drinking enough water, it can show up on your skin. Drink the eight recommended glasses of water each day to keep your skin smooth.
- Don’t forget moisturizer for areas where the skin is thinner and can easily dry out. This includes around the eyes and the neck.
- Exfoliate. This removes the dead skin cells on your face. When you are finished exfoliating, immediately apply moisturiser. This allows the moisturiser to reach the live skin cells and penetrate into the skin.
Gatineau Nutriactive Mediation Rich Cream – Mediation Creme Confort is a moisturiser for dry skin and contains highly protective formula to fight the daily elements and offer a reparative and comforting action to dry, weakened and irritated skin. Packed with Essential Fatty Acids and a powerful Vitamin Complex, the skin’s capacity to retain oil and water is restored whilst the nourishing benefits of Shea Butter leave it conditioned and soft.
This product is ideal for all ages, and particularly for weakened and dry skin, to leave skin repaired, restored and rebalanced leaving it smooth, soft and healthy.
- Omegas 3-6-9: Restore the skin’s protective barrier and fight free radicals.
- Shea Butter: Nourishes and softens the skin.
- Vitamin Complex: Protects against harmful environmental aggressors.
- Allantoin: Soothes and calms the skin.