Votre panier est vide.
You may look after your skin in the winter, but do you look after your lips? One of the most delicate parts of our bodies, our lips see a lot of wear and tear, and in winter, the weather can take its toll.
- Don’t lick your lips. When your lips are dry, it’s natural to want to lick them to make them moist. But licking your lips actually has the opposite effect. Once you put saliva on the lips, it dries out and makes our lips even more dry. Plus the enzymes that are in saliva that are meant to digest food are irritating to the lips.
- Use a lip balm that is ointment-based. This will lock in the moisture and help to heal cracks and splits in the skin. Look for a healing ointment that contains petrolatum, essential oils or glycerin. Another important ingredient is sunscreen — there still is sun in the winter.
- Avoid lip balms containing camphor, eucalyptus and menthol. These substances actually dry out your lips and make the problem worse. In response, you apply more of this kind of lip balm, and the cycle continues.
- Avoid brushing or rubbing your lips when they are flaky or peeling. It’s better not to scrub your lips or pick the peeling skin off with your teeth or your fingers. That just creates cracks and sores on your lips and can make things worse. Instead, apply a very heavy ointment-based balm that will be soothing and help to heal your lips.
- Treat cracks right away. If you let them go, they can become worse and possibly get infected or lead to a cold sore.
- At night, apply lip balm before you go to bed. Many people sleep with their mouths open. Eight hours of breathing in and out through your mouth can dry your lips. Also consider using a humidifier at night if the air in your house is dry because of being heated.
One of the best products to use for your lips in winter time is La Biosthetique Anti-Age Traitement Levres is a cell-active anti-ageing lip care which smoothens the lips, is proven to reduce lines and supplies them with more fullness.
The cell-active anti-aging lip care Traitement Lèvres is a little lip miracle with an instant boosting effect. In a flash, dry and chapped lips are transformed into beautifully cared for lips with a clear contour. The plankton extract contained in Traitement Lèvres has an instant anti-crease effect, increases collagen synthesis and makes the lips seductively smooth. White mustard seed creates fullness and results in an instant moisture supply to the lips. This reduces creases meaning the lips look and feel fuller and firmer. The lip contour is clearly defined and the lip colour is intensified.
The formulation Dermosthétique® Anti-Age contains two types of cell extracts to actively influence the origin and causes of skin aging:
- Phyto cell extracts support the formation of new parent cells, delay the aging process and combat the formation of new and worsening of existing wrinkles.
- Glyco cell extracts activate collagen synthesis, strengthen connective tissue, calm the skin and protect against glycation.
- Liposomally encapsulated phyto cell extracts from plant stem cells: support the formation of new parent cells, delay the aging process and combat the formation of new and the worsening of existing wrinkles.
- Glyco cell extracts from organically bound silicone from brown algae: activate collagen synthesis, strengthen connective tissue, calm the skin and protect against glycation.
- Avocado peptides: intensify the skin’s own production of hyaluronic acid, naturally plumpen the lips and stimulate the skin’s own detoxification processes.
- Plankton extract: for an instantly noticeable smoothening effect, increase of collagen and elastin synthesis, improvement of connective tissue quality and long-term combating of lip creases.
- Shea butter: conditioning and skin-calming, natural protection against environmental pollution.
- Irvingia Gabonensis Kernel Butter (fruit juice of the wild mango tree) provides intensive long-term moisturising of the lips for a period of up to six hours.