Votre panier est vide.
What’s the best way to cleanse hypersensitive skin? It may feel like you’re treading a very thin line with this skin type. On one hand, you’re wary of overdoing it, but on the other hand, you want to make sure your skin is well cleansed and protected.
So when it comes to cleansing, it can feel great to scrub your skin until it shines. However, it’s important to keep in mind that the oils you’re scrubbing off your body are part of what keeps your skin healthy. According to How Stuff Works, while it’s true that exfoliating dead skin cells and oil is important, there’s a reason your body produces them. Dead skin cells form the barrier between your dermis (the under part of your skin) and the outside world. And sebum, the oil your skin produces, guards against skin cells’ dehydration.
If you do have sensitive skin, you may have found that gentle skin cleansers don’t really leave your skin feeling all that clean. While it usually isn’t necessary (and is sometimes counterproductive) to get that ultra-fresh, scrubbed, shiny feeling, try starting with the gentlest skin cleansers and working your way up to harder stuff. Gauge your cleanser’s effectiveness by asking yourself these two questions:
- Do I have to wash my face twice to remove all my makeup?
- Do I have to rub my skin so hard that it hurts?
If the answer to either of these is yes, you’re washing your face too roughly and should choose a more potent cleanser.
One of our most popular brands for hypersensitive skin comes from Babor. Babor Neuro Sensitive Cellular Intensive Calming Cleanser was formulated for hypersensitive and dehydrated skin to gently cleanse with a calming and balancing effect. Intensive Calming Cleanser gently removes makeup and impurities and calms sensitivity to prepare skin for treatment and moisture. Cleanse dry skin without a feeling of tightness.
- For very dry and hyper-sensitive skin.
- Reduces redness and inflammation.
- Reduces feeling of tightness and unpleasant itching.
- Soothes and calms.
- For the care of skin affected by neurodermatitis during symptom-free periods.
How to use:
Apply mornings and evenings to the face, neck and décolleté. Emulsify with water and rinse off thoroughly. Use for facial cleansing.
- Neuroxyl – Neutralizes sensitivity and irritation, and reduces redness.
- Microsilver – Antibacterial; Prevents breakouts and irritation.
- Gamma-Linolenic Acid – An essential fatty acid; Soothes inflammation.
- Lactate – Moisturizes.