Votre panier est vide.
You probably know by now how important it is to exfoliate your skin. Not just the face, but everywhere on the body – legs, arms, back, torso and behind too. But with so much work to do, what’s the best way of body scrubbing?
We have to thanks SheKnows for the following tips… Now where’s that loofah gone?
- Before stepping into the shower, brush your dry skin with your loofah, body brush or exfoliating gloves. This will help remove the loose skin and prepare your skin for the exfoliating process. Begin with the soles of your feet, working your way up your body.
- Get into the shower and wet your body from head to toe. Don’t exfoliate your skin if you are sunburned or have any open cuts or wounds.
- Use a pumice stone on your feet to eliminate rough spots and calluses. If your feet are extremely rough, soak them in a basin of warm water mixed with a cup of milk for 30 minutes before getting into the shower.
- Apply your exfoliating cleanser to your loofah or gloves. Begin scrubbing your body in a circular motion starting with the bottoms of your feet and working your way up. When you reach the bikini area, don’t scrub too hard because the skin is very sensitive.
- Use a body brush to exfoliate your back and other hard-to-reach places.
- Be gentle on your face, particularly around your eyes and mouth. Use an exfoliating product especially formulated for the face, which is gentler than products designed to be used on the body.
- Don’t forget about your hands. You want them to look and feel soft and smooth too!
- Rinse your body with lukewarm water, and follow with the coldest water you can stand.
- After stepping out of the shower, apply a moisturizing body lotion all over. Body lotions and facial moisturizers containing alpha or beta hydroxy acids are ideal choices because these acids continue to remove dead skin cells.
- Use body moisturizer once a day. Exfoliation is drying to the skin, so you must keep your skin hydrated.
To make the job easier, we use Thalgo Indoceane Sweet and Savoury Scrub – Gommage Sucre-Sale Indoceane, a product for all women wanting to exfoliate and purify their skin with a nourishing, regenerating and multi-sensorial product.
A delicious combination of Sea Salt, Cassonade Sugar and plant Essential Oils, this scrub has a unique bi-phase texture to help eliminate rough patches, smooth the skin and leave it feeling beautifully soft. Delicately fragranced with notes of Mediterranean Essential Oils, your skin is left smooth, toned, and radiant.