Votre panier est vide.
Do you feel tiredness behind the eyes during the day? Does it feel worse in the evening? Do you get it more during the working week? You could be suffering from eye strain and eye fatigue.
According to Boots, any activity that requires intense use of the eyes for a prolonged time or under difficult conditions can cause eye strain. These include extended periods of:
- Computer work
- Exposure to bright light or straining to see in dim light can also cause eye strain.
One of the most common causes of eye strain is staring for long periods at digital devices such as:
- Computer screens
- Video games
- Computer vision syndrome, or CVS, is a type of eye strain from long periods of time using computer or laptop screens.
Symptoms of eye strain
Eye strain is associated with uncomfortable and annoying symptoms, such as:
- Sore or irritated eyes
- Difficulty focusing
- Dry or watery eyes
- Blurred or double vision
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Headache or brow-ache
- It may be accompanied by pain in the neck, shoulders or back due to holding a bad posture for a prolonged period.
These symptoms can decrease your productivity. They may be intensified by sleep deprivation. During sleep, the eyes are replenished with essential nutrients. Lack of sleep may result in persistent eye irritation.
Prevention of eye strain
Usually eye strain can be prevented or reduced by making simple changes in your work habits or environment.
Here are some prevention tips:
Make changes to your computer screen, such as:
- Place the screen 51cm to 66cm (20 to 26 inches) away from your eyes and a little below eye level.
- Regularly clean off dust and fingerprints from the screen. Smudges on the screen can reduce contrast and increase problems with glare and reflections.
- Choose screens that tilt and swivel.
- Consider using a glare filter over your screen.
Make changes to your work environment, such as:
- Change lighting to reduce glare and harsh reflections. Avoid lighting directly behind or above a computer screen.
- Use an adjustable chair.
- Place a document holder next to your computer screen.
Make changes to your work habits, such as:
- Try the 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes, look away – ideally to the horizon or infinity – or at least six metres (20 feet) in front of you for 20 seconds.
- Stick a note that says ‘blink’ on the computer as a reminder.
- Take regular breaks from computer work.
Take care of your eyes with these steps:
- Apply a flannel soaked in warm water to tired, dry eyes (with eyes closed).
- Consider artificial tears to refresh your eyes when they feel dry.
- To help prevent dry eyes while working indoors, consider using an air cleaner to filter dust and a humidifier to add moisture to the air.
You could also try Thalgo Hyaluronic Eye Patch Masks – Masque Patch Hyaluronique Regard 12×2 patches. These patches are for all those seeking to instantly diminish the appearance of visible signs of fatigue in the eye area.
This Hyaluronic Eye-Patch Mask plumps up, smoothes and refreshes your eye contour area in just 10 minutes for visibly younger-looking eyes.
Use as often as necessary. Effectiveness is increased when the patches are stored in the refrigerator.
- Natural Extracts of Oat
- Yeast Extract
- Marine Hyaluronic Complex
Fine lines and wrinkles appear filled in, dark circles look reduced and the skin becomes firmer. The eyes are illuminated with new youthful radiance.