If you’ve got tired skin, a dull, lifeless complexion will sound familiar. Two of the easiest ways to counteract this is exfoliation and a good moisturiser.
Dryness is the most common cause of dull skin, and exfoliating creates a fresh canvas that allows topical products to penetrate better. Just remember to keep the process gentle on your skin to avoid causing inflammation or irritation. Some experts prefer a chemical exfoliant (alpha and beta hydroxy acids) to physical exfoliants, which may be too harsh.
On top of exfoliation, your complexion might be calling out for something else: moisture. The demands that we place on our skin cause cracks in its surface, which translate as dullness. Using a moisturizer fills in those fissures by adding lipids, the natural fats of the skin, which seal up the gaps between the skin cells, presenting a smooth, reflective surface.
A moisturiser for tired skin will need to have some high impact ingredients to make an impact.
So it’s worth checking out Babor Skinovage PX Advanced Biogen Intense Revitalizing Cream an intensive nourishing cream which supports cell regeneration with rock rose extract and retinol. A face cream that regenerates tired skin in need of revitalisation. With its rich consistency, it can be used as a 24hr cream or as a night cream in combination with Mimical Control Cream or Daily Revitalizing Cream.
The benefits of this type of cream include:
- Perfect for tired and stressed skin.
- Energizes and stimulates skin’s regenerative processes.
- Activates cell renewal.
- Reveals a vitalized, rosy-fresh, youthful appearance.
How to apply:
Apply to face, neck and décolleté, morning and/or evening, after cleansing.
- Alpine stem cells: DNA protection, preventative protection against light-induced skin ageing.
- OsmoTec: Catalyst, optimizes the processing of active ingredients in the cells.
- Rockrose extract: Intensive skin regeneration.
- Retinol (vitamin A): Rejuvenating effect, supports cell regeneration.
- Vitamin E: Protects against free radicals.
- Panthenol: Provides moisture.
- Shea butter: Maintains the hydrolipid film.
- Soy oil, sesame oil, jojoba oil, macadamia nut oil: Softens the skin.