Do you moisturise your décolleté or chest? If not, why not? And why is it so important?
Here are the reasons, from Cosmo, why you should pay special attention to this area…
1. The décolletage is often one of the first places to show signs of ageing
The majority of sun damage is done in childhood/teens/early adult including the décolletage area. The skin around your chest and neck is very thin; it contains less sebaceous glands and limited melanocytes (cells that give colour to your skin and protect it from UV rays) – so damage is more easily done.
2. Skipping SPF is irreversible
Your chest area is one of the most UV exposed areas of the body and therefore suffers harsh sun damage when exposed over time. To combat this be sure to wear broad spectrum sunscreen when your neck or chest is uncovered. This is a must even in cloudy weather – those rays will still be damaging you.
3. An SPF foundation is not enough, though
The most important product to recommend is daily SPF protection. A lot of women rely on foundation to provide protection, but they’re not blending it down onto their neck in sufficient amounts to block damaging UVA rays.
4. ‘Sleep wrinkles’ are a thing (and can show on your chest)
Side sleeper? Apparently curling up on your side can also speed up chest wrinkles and have a sagging effect. Try to get off to sleep when lying on your back.
5. Most of us forget to cleanse that area properly
The chest area is still prone to dirt and dead skin cells, so it needs to be cleaned as well!
Babor Skinovage PX Intensifier Firming Neck & Decollete Cream is a nourishing cream for neck and décolletage helps increase elasticity and smoothness to give you younger looking skin. Intensely moisturises and regenerates the neck and décolleté area. Suitable for all skin types. Apply daily to neck and decollete.
- For all skin types with dwindling firmness around the neck and décolleté area.
- Intensively plumps up the skin from the inside out.
- Energizes skin cells and stimulates all cell function.
- Stimulates regenerative process.
- Neck and décolleté area are visibly smooth.
How to use:
Apply to neck and décolleté, morning and/or evening, after cleansing.
- Alpine stem cells: DNA protection, preventative protection against light-induced skin aging.
- OsmoTec: Catalyst, optimizes the processing of active ingredients in the cells.
- Q10: Stimulates energy within the cells.
- Micronaspheres: Light-reflecting pigments for immediate results.
- Collagen: Restructures the tissue, plumps up the skin from the inside.
- Sweet almond extract: Firms and smooths the skin.
- Panthenol: Providess moisture.
- Vitamin E: Protects against free radicals.
- Polysaccharides: Provides moisture.
- Shea butter: Balances the hydrolipid film.
- Apricot kernel oil, sesame oil: Soft, supple skin.