Vitamin C is so important for the look of our skin. It is vital to anti-ageing, and helping us look younger for longer. Here, thanks to LifeExtension, is our guide to why Vit C is essential as we get older.
- The amount of collagen in the skin tends to decline with age, an ongoing process that is accelerated by a number of factors like sunlight, smoking, free radicals, and inflammation.
- As the synthesis of new collagen slows down, topical vitamin C provides one of the most effective ways to boost collagen synthesis and slow its degradation.
- While oral supplementation with vitamin C is important for maintaining one’s overall health, it is not very effective at increasing skin concentrations of vitamin C, especially as levels of vitamin C in the skin decline with ageing.
- The most effective method for replenishing vitamin C in the skin is therefore to go straight to the source, and apply it directly to the skin.
- When topically applied, vitamin C provides a skin-rejuvenating effect by improving collagen synthesis in the skin that slows down with aging, as well as limiting skin damage from free radicals.
- Applying topical vitamin C to the skin is 20 times more effective than oral ingestion. Simply applying vitamin C daily for three days can achieve optimal levels in the skin.
- Rejuvenating the skin by constantly replenishing vitamin C stores can therefore help maintain healthy, younger-looking skin, especially as we get older.
- Concentrated tea extracts provide complementary skin-beautifying effects by protecting against damage from UV light and free radicals.
Dr. Spiller Biomimetic Skin Care Vitamin C-Plus Serum is a highly concentrated serum of essential Vitamins A, C and B-Complex to provide antioxidant and anti-inflammatory protection against photo aging. Skin is regenerated, balanced and healed, leaving you with a firm, smooth and radiant complexion. A concentrated serum with Vitamin C, Vitamin A (Retinol), Niacinamide, Panthenol to provide the skin with vitality, refine pores and stimulate cellular functions. Skin is left balanced, healed, firmed and brighter.
- Vitamin C/L (Ascorbic Acid)
- Vitamin A (Retinol)
- Vitamin B3 (Niacinamid)
- Provitamin B5 (Panthenol)
- Vitamin B9 (B11) (Folic Acid)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- Primrose Oil