We all do it (most of the time anyway), but why do we do it? Removing makeup is something we’ve always been told to do but why is it so important?
Courtesy of Stylecaster, we have learned a little bit more about why we need to trudge to the bathroom at night and cleanse our skin before lights out.
- It needs to be done before you sleep: We all know the struggle of not wanting to take off our makeup before bed because we’re just too tired for the task, but it’s seriously important that we fight through the yawns and do it anyway. While we sleep, our skin regenerates itself, but if our pores are still filled with makeup, they are unable to breathe, disabling restoration from taking place.
- Problems can occur if you skip it altogether: Failing to remove makeup before bed will cause congested skin, which leads to breakouts, fine lines, and both puffiness and dark circles around the eyes.
- Makeup remover wipes aren’t enough: While makeup remover wipes may seem like a quick and easy way to remove your makeup, they don’t do the job completely. Makeup remover wipes will only remove product from the surface of your skin, which isn’t sufficient enough when it comes to makeup removal. If you’re going to use makeup wipes, use them as a first step to take most of your makeup off, but always go in with a cleanser afterwards.
- Always tie your hair back beforehand: Although it seems like a no-brainer, putting your hair in a ponytail is pretty important when it comes to removing your makeup. By getting all the hair out of your face, your hairline will be exposed, which is essential since a lot of makeup residue tends to build up there.
- Make sure to double-cleanse: When you’re cleansing your face to remove makeup, two-timing is the way to go. The first wash is to remove the makeup, and then the second is to properly clean the skin. Plus, your second cleanse should also be used to massage your face to boost circulation, which will keep your complexion healthy and glowing.
Guinot Lait Hydra Fraicheur — Refreshing Cleansing Milk is a soap-fee cleansing gel-milk which gently cleanses and removes impurities and make-up, even waterproof make-up. Guinot Lait Hydra Fraicheur contains aloe vera, with a delicate scent, to gently refresh your skin. Apply with light circular movements. Wipe off delicately with a cotton pad.
– Aloe Vera: moisturizes and soothes the skin.
– Cucumber Extract: refreshes, moisturizes and softens the skin.