Toning lotions are water-based products enhanced with a range of active ingredients, such as precious botanical extracts, each with its own beneficial properties. According to Uniprix, some of the most popular toning lotions contain natural ingredients including:
- Camomile (for softening and soothing sensitive or dry skin)
- Rose (especially good for toning)
- Tea (especially good for toning)
- Iris (astringent: for tightening pores)
- Witch hazel (astringent, decongestant, purifying)
Role of toning lotion
- Removes impurities (pollutants, makeup residue, traces of makeup remover, sebum)
- Stimulates (yes, it tones!) and refreshes skin
- Prepares skin for moisturizers (day and night creams)
- Balances skin’s natural pH level
Toning lotion leaves skin:
- Toned (of course!)
- Soft and smooth
How to use toning lotion
Toning lotion should be used morning and night. You simply apply it to your face with a cosmetic pad (being sure to avoid the eye contour area).
In the morning, it can be used to cleanse skin by removing any sebum accumulated during the night. At night, toning lotion completes makeup removal (start by using your makeup remover and follow with toning lotion to rid skin of any remaining cosmetics or skin care products).
One of our favourite toning lotions is Guinot Lotion Hydra Confort – Comforting Toning Lotion 500ml /w Pump. This is a big seller on the Abloomnova site and loved by women all over the glove. The alcohol-free and foaming surfactant-free toner is the perfect product for your dry, tight skin. This is a great toning lotion which can help complete make-up removal. Guinot Moisture Rich Toning Lotion will hydrate your skin restoring balance and leaving it feeling fresh.
It’s simple to use, simply apply over your face and neck after cleansing using a cotton pad, daily morning and evening. Follow with your favourite Guinot Moisturiser.
Key Ingredients in this product include:
– Lotus Extract: softens and protects dry skin plus it provides an anti-free radical effect.
– Allantoin: repairs and soothes the skin.