For years, it’s been all about the exfoliating. But now, there’s a lot of talk about peeling and using gentle fruit enzymes to remove dead skin cells to reveal a brighter complexion. So what should we use?
There are many skin-smoothing, radiance-boosting reasons to exfoliate once or twice a week, depending on your skin type. The difficult part is choosing the kind of exfoliator you want to use. Harper’s Bazaar spelled out the difference….
What’s the difference?
While a peel is a chemical exfoliator that usually has a watery, gel-like consistency, a scrub offers a physical exfoliation with a gritty texture. Using a facial peel or scrub can help exfoliate the top layer of the epidermis, removing dead skin and excess oil. Both can also give skin an instant brightening effect and can help in controlling oil production and breakouts.
Which is best for me?
Deciding which version is best for you depends on your skin type and concerns. I am a fan of chemical exfoliation as it’s more precise, less irritating and generally produces more favourable results with fewer problems. Peels are really powerful and go deeper within the skin than scrubs do, and are perfect for some skin conditions and complaints.
Matis Reponse Delicate Peeling Cream gently exfoliates with natural fruit enzymes and without harsh granules, making it an ideal product for sensitive and delicate skin. Matis Peeling Cream leaves skin smooth, radiant, and better prepared for treatment and moisturiser.
- Natural fruit enzymes dissolve dead and dry skin.
- No harsh or irritating granules.
- Improves tone and texture.
How to use:
- Apply on perfectly cleansed face and neck.
- Leave on for 5 minutes, then rinse it off.
- Its extreme gentleness enables it to be applied on the contour of the eyes and lips.
- Papaya Fruit Extract, Lemon Fruit Extract – Dissolve dead skin cells.
- S-Matispheres – Soothe inflammation.
- C-Matispheres – Instantly calm and relieve irritation.
- Destressine Complex – Relieves stressed skin.
- Illipe Butter – Nourishes and conditions.
- Allantoin – Comforts and conditions skin.