If you’re travelling this year, and are worried about the interruption in your normal skincare routine, then help is at hand. We’ve got advice from Marie Claire who have got the best travelling skincare tips.
1. Drink lots of water
It’s no secret that H20 is the key to a hydrated, clear complexion. But if you take it for granted when you’re on land, you certainly don’t want to make that mistake up in the air. Every passenger on the plane takes in oxygen and releases carbon dioxide, so in order to give everyone the oxygen they need, fresh air is pumped into the cabin. This, mixed with the high altitude, makes the perfect recipe for dry air. Try to consume a litre of water for every 4 hours you’re in the sky.
2. Spray it
Nothing feels quite as amazing as a spritz with rose water when your skin feels dehydrated. Pack one that permeates through makeup or moisturiser you already have on your face, that way you can use it any time.
3. Apply a mask
Sure, you might look a little bonkers, but your skin will thank you for the big drink of nutrients. And remember to massage any excess lotion from the mask into your skin after you take it off.
4. Remember, you can never have enough moisturiser
If you’re on a long haul flight, give your skin a break from your makeup. Remove your makeup if your flight is longer than 4 hours and re-apply your moisturiser, allowing your skin to calm down and rehydrate for at least 20 minutes before re-applying your makeup (if you have to).
One of our favourite travelling moisturisers is Matis Reponse Jeunesse Optimal Moisturising Serum which is a real source of continuous hydration that allows the skin to recover its optimal moisture balance by acting on instant, dynamic and long-term levels. It promotes enhanced circulation of water in the skin by improving intercellular communication and exchange, instantly hydrating the upper layers of the epidermis. Matis Optimal Moisturizing Serum improves the water reserves in the skin by limiting dehydration while protecting skin with antioxidants.
This product is perfect for dehydrated skin, with a list of wonderful benefits:
- Multi-tasking formula hydrates and protects.
- Great for travelers or arid environments.
- Addresses hydration on many key levels.
- Plumps and provides instant gratification.
- Paraben-free formula.
How to use:
Apply AM and PM to cleansed, toned skin, avoiding the eye area.
- Purple Orchid extract – Antioxidant, softens skin and relaxes its features.
- Cranberry extract – Antioxidant and antiseptic.
- Hyaluronic acid – Helps skin hold more water, instantly hydrates and plumps.
- Osmolytes, amino acids and urea – Improve the diffusion of water in the skin.
- Aquaregul (glucose and xylitol) – Combination of two sugars to shield the skin from environmental stressors.