Oily skin — the scourge of women everywhere. So do you know how to deal with it? If not, these tips from HealthCentral should help you through.
- Wash your face twice a day — once in the morning and once before bed. Washing more often can strip your skin of all the natural moisturizers and increase oil production. The only time you should wash your face more than twice a day is if you have been perspiring.
- Use a gentle cleanser. If you need something stronger, look for ingredients specifically made for oily skin and acne, such as benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, or beta-hydroxy acid. Although usually marketed for acne, these products work well for oily skin too.
- Don’t scrub your face as this can stimulate oil production.
- If you use a toner, use it only on areas that are oily, such as your forehead or around your nose. If you have areas that aren’t oily, toners can create dry patches.
- If you have oil build up in between facial washings, use a medicated pad or blotting paper to remove excess oil. These products have the added benefit of being portable, allowing you to freshen up your face no matter where you are.
- Oily skin still needs to be moisturized, but be careful to choose the right moisturizer. Look for water-based or oil-free moisturizers and stay away from creams and heavy moisturizers.
- When choosing foundation and other make-up, pick those with gel, liquid or powder bases. If using a liquid make-up make sure it is water based, not oil based. Makeup labeled «noncomedongenic» contain ingredients that won’t clog your pores.
- Exfoliate once a week to help loosen and remove dirt and oil in your pores.
- No matter how tempted, don’t pick, pop or squeeze pimples as it can cause scarring and leave red spots on your face.
Guinot Masque Soin Pur Equilibre — Pure Balance Treatment Mask 150ml is a unique product for the care of oily skin which unblocks pores through its exfoliating effect and absorbs excess sebum secretions through its mask formula.
- Tightens dilated pores.
- Refines skin complexion.
- Unifies the complexion.
- Enhances radiance.
- Sebocidine Complex: A complex of active ingredients which is the result of research carried out by Guinot, this complex regulates sebum secretion and purifies by means of an anti-bacterial action.
- Exfoliating Powders: Exfoliate dead cells and impurities.
- Absorbent Powders: Draw out and absorb sebum from deep within the skin.