No products in the cart.
Murumuru Butter –100% natural and pure, cosmetic butter, sourced from Brazil
Murumuru butter quick fact sheet
Name: Murumuru butter.
Latin name: Astrocaryum murumuru.
Country of Origin: Harvested from Brazil.
Extraction method: Cold pressed.
Part of the plant used: Murumuru fruit seed.
Quality: 100% pure and natural, fair trade, cosmetic grade. Cold pressed without any chemical treatments
Suggested use: Cosmetic use only, can be used for both, skin and hair.
Melting point: 25˚C to 37˚C
Appearance: Semi-soft butter.
Colour: White, yellowish colour.
Smell: Distinctive, a bit sweet/nutty like.
Health benefits: It has skin repairing and moisturizing properties. Improve dry skin and damaged hair.
Murumuru butter benefits for skin and hair:
- Serves as a wonderful moisturizer for damaged skin as it can be easily absorbed into the deeper layers of skin, and it contains vitamins A and C.
- Also known to promote collagen and elastin production, improve skin elasticity and suppleness, makes skin look younger and more radiant.
- Amazing for dry, sensitive and chapped skin conditions, comfort and soothe skin irritations, prized to be especially effective for treating sun-damaged skin.
- It’s also rich in vitamin K, which helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles. And with its unique blend of seven essential fatty acids, its prefect for stretch marks as it aids skin reconstruction.
- Moistures and nourishes the frizzy, dry and damaged hair, strengthens and fortifies the hair roots
Murumuru butter is all natural, soothing butter obtained from the seed kernels of the murumuru palm tree (Astrocaryum murumuru), native to the Amazon Rainforest in Brazil. Its edible fruits and seed kernels are significant food source for local people, although harvesting is difficult because of the long spines that cover the palm’s steam, leaves and stalk of fruit.
It has a unique composition of fatty acids which help skin reconstruction – Lauric acid (a rare medium-chain fatty acid, Murumuru butter offers the same amount of Lauric acid as coconut oil, and doesn’t clog your pores), Myristic acid, Omega 3 and 6, and Oleic acid (Omega-9).
It provides antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-allergenic, anti-oxidant action. A combination of these acids and other ingredients enable Murumuru butter to act as a natural moisturizer for even sensitive skin. Natural emollient, also called vegetable silicon.
In its composition murumuru butter is very similar to cold pressed coconut oil. It is a very effective moisturizer for both skin and hair and can be used to produce soaps, beauty and skincare product formulations, in shampoos, conditioners, anywhere a highly-effective moisturizer is needed.
Murumuru butter should be stored in a cool dark place and has a shelf-life of 1 to 2 years, when stored properly.
Questions & Answers
You must be logged in to post a comment.