No products in the cart.
Tucuma Butter – 100% natural, pure and unrefined, sourced from Brazil.
Tucuma butter quick fact sheet
Name: Tucuma butter
Latin name: Astrocaryum Tucuma
Country of Origin: harvested from Brazil
Extraction method: cold pressed
Part of the plant used: Tucuma fruit seed
Quality: 100% pure and natural, fair trade, cosmetic grade. Cold pressed without any chemical treatments
Suggested use: Cosmetic use only, can be used for both, skin and hair.
Melting point: 30 °C
Appearance: very hard butter. Must be mixed with another butter or carrier oil for application.
Colour: pale yellow, light brown
Smell: sweet, caramel and coffee like
Health benefits: Maintain youthful appearance. Improve skin and hair conditions.
Tucuma butter benefits for skin and hair:
- Used in natural skincare products as it contains natural fatty acids which work as a wonderful moisturizer, and forms a protective film that protects the skin from dehydration.
- Eliminates fine lines and wrinkles, makes skin look beautiful and radiant.
- Treats dry, sensitive and chapped skin, comforts and soothes skin irritations, repairs sun damaged skin.
- Contains polyphenols which reduce free radicals in the tissues
- Helps to diminish dark spots, scars and stretch marks
- Moistures and nourishes frizzy, dry and damaged hair
Astrocaryum Tucuma is a palm tree native to Amazon Rainforest. The tree produces small edible hard fruits with a big seed. They are consumed raw or produced into juice called “wine of tucuma”.
The valuable paste-like exotic butter is obtained from the seeds of tucuma fruit. Tucuma seed butter is rich in polyphenols, carotenoids, Lauric, Myristic and Oleic (Omega-9) acids which provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal benefits, and very importantly it has amazing cell regenerative properties.
Tucuma Butter is solid at room temperature, but melts immediately upon contact with the skin.
Tucuma butter should be stored in a cool dark place and has a shelf-life of 1 year when stored properly.
Questions & Answers
You must be logged in to post a comment.