Votre panier est vide.
If you’ve noticed the signs of ageing on your skin, you’ll benefit from an anti-ageing facial. Do your research before you book and find a place that comes well-recommended. It’s also a good idea to have an idea of the sequence of events to allow you the best chance of relaxing and enjoying the experience.
According to TripSavvy, a thorough facial could include the following:
- Cleansing. An anti-aging facial begins with a cleansing with cotton pads or sponges and a product chosen for mature skin, probably a creamy cleanser.
- Skin Analysis. The esthetician covers your eyes and looks at your skin through a brightly lit magnifying lamp that reveals various skin conditions such as dry skin, broken capillaries, age spots, fine lines, and wrinkles. While older skin is less likely to have breakouts, sometimes there are large blackheads.
- Exfoliation using a mechanical or chemical exfoliant. Mechanical exfoliation has a gritty texture and usually happens while a steam vapor is directed at your face. A chemical peel can be a stand-alone treatment or part of the facial. It is generally an upgrade and done in a series.
- Extraction of blackheads or whiteheads if you want it and need it. (It can cause broken capillaries and discoloration if done on sensitive skin or done improperly.) Mature skin sometimes has large, unsightly blackheads.
- Facial massage using classic strokes like effleurage to both relax you and stimulate your skin and facial muscles.
- A facial mask targeted to mature skin. The actual mask will depend on the line the spa carries and what kind of facial you asked for.
- Application of toners, serums, and protective creams.
- Advice on home skin care.
One product you should look out for is Gatineau Melatogenine Futur Plus Anti-Wrinkle Radiance Mask which is used worldwide in premium facials. This anti-ageing mask is a powerful and effective treatment to help rewind the effects of time. With our patented youth activating molecule, Mélatogénine™, it rapidly smooths away lines and wrinkles whilst Collagen Extracts plump skin from within. Perfect for skin showing signs of fatigue, this mask revives the complexion, leaving skin looking fresh and radiant in just 10 minutes. Make-up looks absolutely flawless after application of this salon secret formula.
This mask is perfect for all skin types – especially those concerned with ageing. Skin is smoothed, signs of fatigue reduced, and a youthful glow restored. Simply apply in an even layer over the face, neck and eye contour and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off any excess. Use 2-3 times a week.
- Mélatogénine™: Reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Marine Collagen: Plumps and smooths wrinkles and fine lines.
- Lupin Extract: Encourages skin oxygenation to improve radiance.