Votre panier est vide.
You’ve got the serum – but what’s the best way to apply it? Here’s a handy guide from RougeBeauty to help…
A general rule of thumb when apply skincare products is always thinnest to thickest – the thinner the consistency, the earlier you need to apply it. So basically, apply serums, then oils, then gels and finally creams, always applying sun protection last. Make sure to leave a few minutes between each application for the products to absorb.
Serums are highly concentrated and active; this means that they need to be applied first, to clean skin. This way all the active ingredients can penetrate your skin. These active ingredients are reason why serums are more expensive than regular moisturisers. The high concentrations in the raw materials push the price up.
Another point to remember is that not all serums will work with all moisturisers. If you are unsure, either use serums and moisturisers from the same brand, or check the serum to see if it says that if can be included in your normal beauty routine. This will mean that there are no ingredients that will react with moisturisers.
Always read the instructions. Many people apply far too much serum, and then complain that it doesn’t sink in. A little will go a long way, and rather apply too little and add, rather than having to wipe the excess off.
As I mentioned before, accurate application of serum is vital for its effectiveness. Here are some great tips for getting the results you want:
- Active ingredients penetrate better when skin is clean, warmed and slightly moist, so cleanse thoroughly first.
- Apply a warm moist towel to your face to gently open pores and leave skin slightly moist.
- Apply tiny dots of serum all over your face and then blend lightly and quickly all over.
- Use short light but firm strokes to apply your face serum. Do not stretch, pull or rub the skin.
- Whilst the serum is still wet after applying gently tap the surface of your face with your fingers for half a minute. You can use all your fingers both hands on either side of your face very lightly. The tapping action encourages the serum to sink fully into the deeper layers of the skin as far as it is able to go.
- If you feel any tingling sensations when you apply the serum – don’t worry. Tingling can be a sign the active ingredients in the serum are getting to the dermis – where they need to be if they are going to work. Types of serum ingredients where you may see this result include vitamin C and retinoids
- Only when your serum is fully dry – touch dry on your face (this should take around 3 minutes) – should you apply your oils, eye cream and moisturizer in a similar manner. Let that sink in fully before you apply your foundation and normal makeup.
Biodroga MD Skin Booster Intense Moisture Serum is an Intense Moisture Serum which offers an instant and long-term effect. Palmitoyl Tripeptide supports the skin cell communication and stimulates skin’s natural collagen synthesis. A combination of highly efficient moisturisers such as algae extract and two variants of the innovative ingredient AquaMAXTM supplies skin with lavish moisture. Its natural moisture factor (NMF) is increased and its barrier function strengthened.