Stress can effect our skin in so many ways. It goes without saying that pressure is no good for mind, body and soul — and our skin does a great job of telling us that pretty quickly.
If you are going through the throes at work, with loved ones or family or just generally in life, your skin will let you know about it — often in one of the following ways:
Dry skin? Stress could be to blame as it interferes with the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
So, if you’ve been dealing with more stress than usual and it shows try products with ceramides and hyaluronic acid. Studies have revealed that the amount of hyaluronic acid found in the dermis starts to diminish as early as our forties.
This loss, along with a compromised barrier layer and the reduction of lipids in the epidermis results in an inefficient ability to retain water. This makes it the primary cause of dehydration and loss of elasticity in ageing skin.
Redness and puffiness
When you’re stressed, your blood flow increases. This causes capillaries to expand and can lead to redness of the skin.
Did you know that we already lose 1% of our skin’s collagen supply every year after we hit age 20. What you probably didn’t know is that stress can accelerate that. So, if you want to ensure your skin stays smoother for longer, try to mimise stress.
Babor Skinovage PX Advanced Biogen Mimical Control Cream is a 24hr care cream to reduce expression lines caused by tired and stressed skin. Perfect for tired skin in need of regeneration. This cream has a lighter consistency, so you can use it as a day cream and combine with Complex C Cream or Intense Revitalizing Cream.
- For tired and stressed skin.
- Visibly reduces expression lines.
- Leaves skin looking youthful, rosy and fresh.
How to use:
Apply to face, neck and décolleté, morning and/or evening, after cleansing.
- Alpine stem cells: DNA protection, preventative protection against light-induced skin aging.
- OsmoTec: Catalyst, optimizes the processing of active ingredients in the cells.
- Mimical Control Peptide: Effectively combats expression lines.
- Squalane: Strengthens the skin’s natural barrier.
- Vitamin E: Protects against free radicals.
- Avocado oil, sesame oil, macadamia nut oil: Soft, supple skin.
- Panthenol: Provides moisture.