If you’ve looked in the mirror recently and seen dull, tired skin staring back, look for the reason behind it. If your diet is good, and you’re getting enough sleep, then, according to GoodHouseKeeping, it might be one of these easy to sort reasons…
1. You’re forgetting to exfoliate.
If you wash your face twice a day, great! But there’s a very crucial step you need to add: exfoliation.
Dryness is the most common cause of dull skin, and exfoliating creates a fresh canvas that allows topical products to penetrate better. Just remember to keep the process gentle on your skin to avoid causing inflammation or irritation. A chemical exfoliant (alpha and beta hydroxy acids) to physical exfoliants, which may be too harsh.
2. …or you’re forgetting to moisturise.
On top of exfoliation, your complexion might be calling out for something else: moisture. The process on a microscopic level: The demands that we place on our skin cause cracks in its surface, which translate as dullness. Using a moisturiser fills in those fissures by adding lipids, the natural fats of the skin, which seal up the gaps between the skin cells, presenting a smooth, reflective surface.
Use moisturisers with ingredients like ceramides, which help repair skin barrier function and improve water retention, and hyaluronic acid, which plumps up skin cells by attracting water to surrounding tissues.
How you apply it matters too. Apply your moisturiser in gentle, upward strokes to boost blood circulation and stimulate the cells around your face and neck. This will bring oxygen to the surface of your skin, making it look nourished and healthy.
3. You’re dehydrated — and so is your skin.
Dehydration decreases the volume of blood flow to the skin, making you look “pale and sickly.” Most of us tend to think of dehydration as a short term problem solved by a glass of water, viewing skin dehydration as a long-term problem, as consistently failing to get your skin the water it needs can have lasting results.
Babor Skinovage PX Advanced Biogen Intense Revitalizing Cream is an excellent moisturiser for tired skin. Intensive nourishing cream which supports cell regeneration with rock rose extract and retinol. A face cream that regenerates tired skin in need of revitalisation. With its rich consistency it can be used as a 24hr cream or as a night cream in combination with Mimical Control Cream or Daily Revitalising Cream.
- For tired and stressed skin.
- Energises and stimulates skin’s regenerative processes.
- Activates cell renewal.
- Reveals a vitalised, rosy-fresh, youthful appearance.
How to apply:
Apply to face, neck and décolleté, morning and/or evening, after cleansing.
- Alpine stem cells: DNA protection, preventative protection against light-induced skin aging.
- OsmoTec: Catalyst, optimizes the processing of active ingredients in the cells.
- Rockrose extract: Intensive skin regeneration.
- Retinol (vitamin A): Rejuvenating effect, supports cell regeneration.
- Vitamin E: Protects against free radicals.
- Panthenol: Provides moisture.
- Shea butter: Maintains the hydrolipid film.
- Soy oil, sesame oil, jojoba oil, macadamia nut oil: Softens the skin.